WAYNESBORO, Pa (WAMS) – The Waynesboro Area School District has deployed a network of secure WiFi hotspots that students can access for their distance learning and hybrid courses.
WASD partnered with En-Net Services, from Fredrick Maryland who then informed them of Kajeet. Kajeet is a wireless provider that operates on the Sprint and Verizon mobile networks. Kajeet provides inexpensive mobile data plans and hotspots for students to access educational content.
These secure WiFi hotspots can only be accessed by district-issued student devices. Most of the hotspot locations request that users park in a parking space to access the network or (weather permitting) students can also use on-site pavilions and picnic tables.
These hotspots are available free of charge at the following locations (The hotspots at locations with a asterisk are currently under construction.)
- Michaux Manor at 11302 S Mountain Rd. (Please use a parking space)
- Blue Ridge Summit Free Library at 13767 Monterey Ln. (This is an open network that can be accessed by anyone)
- Mont Alto Borough Office at 3 N. Main Street, Mont Alto, PA (Please use a parking space)
- Red Run Park at 12143 Buchanan Trail E. (This network can be accessed at Pavilion A or in a parking space.)
- Rouzerville Community Center and Park at 11962 Old Rte 16. (Please use a parking space.)
- Blue Ridge Summit Fire Hall* at 13063 Monterey Ln
- Pine Hill Recreation Area at 12684 Mentzer Gap Rd.
- Ruritan Park* (Under Construction)
- Memorial Park* at 220 Memorial Park Dr.
- Mt. Airy Park* at 235 Mt. Airy Ave.
- Northside Pool* at 138 Brown St.
- Renfrew Park* at 1010 E Main St.
- Alexander Hamilton Memorial Free Library at 45 E Main St.
© 2021, WAMS Stories. All rights reserved.