Mobella Moses Adams was charged with Drug and Firearms charges after his hotel room was searched in Williamsport.
Adams is facing the following charges:
- Possession of a handgun in a drug trafficking crime
- Possession of a fentanyl and heroin mixture with intent to distribute
- Being a felon in possession of a firearm
- Conspiracy to commit a felony involving the possession, distribution, manufacture, or importation of a controlled dangerous substance
- Possession of less than 10 grams of Marijuana
The Washington County Narcotics Task Force used an Informant to purchase crack cocaine from a man in a room at the Red Roof Inn on East Potomac St. The Informant reported that there was a handgun in the room.
His hotel room was placed under surveillance while the team waited for a search warrant to be approved. The man was later identified as Adams. Reports say that he drove off in an SUV that was later pulled over on I-81.
When the room was searched they found one loaded handgun (and one unloaded), along with around 50 rounds of ammunition.
Police also found 49 Alprazolam pills, 32 Capsules of a Fentanyl and Heroin Mixture, a baggie of crack cocaine, some digital scales, and $844 in cash.
According to the charging document, Adams has been renting the room since Nov. 6th
Adams was prohibited from owning a firearm due to a previous felony conviction of Possession with intent to distribute.
© 2020, WAMS Stories. All rights reserved.